• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

September 20, 2024, 10:20:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,479
  • Total Topics: 18,588
  • Online today: 897
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 318
Total: 318

Plat pair

Started by Mugwump, September 16, 2015, 08:01:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

The line continues..... |^|      These two formed and are from the original pair that I got from Willie  ;D   and yes, they are extremely bright colored too

Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

They've only been in this tank a few days....still shy....but the male starting scoping out the slate this morning  ;D
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Mugwump

They spawned late yesterday afternoon.....not the biggest, but a start.... 8)  I see a few whities this morn'n and they are tending.....
Jon

GraphicGr8s

I bought a plat with 11 other angels from a guy I know. Only one in the bunch though. They are beautiful. At auction Monday I did manage to get some smallish ones. Can't wait till they get big enough to breed.
There is no such thing as MTS.
West coast of the east coast of North America
Personal Image Management Professional
There are very few personal problems that cannot be solved through a suitable application of high explosives.
There are only two types of people. Italians and those that wish they were

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 17, 2015, 08:07:42 AM
They spawned late yesterday afternoon.....not the biggest, but a start.... 8)  I see a few whities this morn'n and they are tending.....

That's great news Jon. Hopefully they will raise. They come from parent raised stock. ;D ;D ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on September 17, 2015, 09:04:46 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on September 17, 2015, 08:07:42 AM

That's great news Jon. Hopefully they will raise. They come from parent raised stock. ;D ;D ;D

Thanks Willie, these two are from the last spawn before the female passed away.....
Jon

ghonk

Any albinos in that line.

Mugwump

Quote from: ghonk on September 17, 2015, 02:11:14 PM

Not sure yet...one, or both, the parents did....but I never saw one in their fry....then again they were parent raised.....slurp...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: ghonk on September 17, 2015, 02:11:14 PM

The siblings to the ones I gave Jon are het for albino. When I lived in Illinois I raised a few albinos but sold them off before I moved. It was a PITA to raise them though. huh
Willie

Mugwump

It didn't work out well this time....I'll bulk em up and we'll see what the next round brings...
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on September 18, 2015, 02:23:14 PM
It didn't work out well this time....I'll bulk em up and we'll see what the next round brings...

Sorry to hear that. It looks like they have a couple of cousins over here holding off a 75 full of other plats. If they spawn I will pull them and give them their own tank. I will drop in a piece of slate after I finish the WC I am doing. So far they are sticking together and looking like a pair, They are about 9 months old now. :-\
Willie