• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 23, 2024, 01:55:36 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,407
  • Total Topics: 18,562
  • Online today: 360
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 540
Total: 540

Windows 10====>

Started by Mugwump, August 01, 2015, 09:39:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

not liking the white program title bars, frames, etc......hope it gets added soon.... :'(
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

BallAquatics

Quote from: Mugwump on August 08, 2015, 01:53:33 PM
Relatively painless....

I was impressed at how smooth the update when too.

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 08, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
Relatively painless....

Dennis

it was very nice.....I'm experimenting with themes now......different....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on August 08, 2015, 02:57:48 PM
Quote from: BallAquatics on August 08, 2015, 02:28:31 PM
Relatively painless....

Dennis

it was very nice.....I'm experimenting with themes now......different....

I'm probably going to hit the button on my home made machine tomorrow. Too late to screw around with it now. Laptop's running fine. I have another computer that need a CPU fan replaced. It run Windows 7 Ultimate. It will upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I have a CPU fan somewhere, but where? ??? That's going to be my basement/fishroom machine. It has all the music. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

BallAquatics

I'm not sure I would update all my systems just yet.  The FREE update is good for one year so there is really no hurry.

Here's an interesting piece on Forbes about Win X problems.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/08/windows-10-forced-updates-causing-endless-crash-loop/

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on August 09, 2015, 01:25:13 AM
I'm not sure I would update all my systems just yet.  The FREE update is good for one year so there is really no hurry.

Here's an interesting piece on Forbes about Win X problems.....

http://www.forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2015/08/08/windows-10-forced-updates-causing-endless-crash-loop/

Dennis

My install went fine...no issues at all....but I had Win 8.1....I'm betting those with problems have a common denominator of some type??....
Jon

BillT

QuoteHere's an interesting piece on Forbes about Win X problems.....

How many of these problems have people been experiencing.

Interesting.
I have a windows machine I have been waiting to get an upgrade on.
Usually I wait a few months for things to get worked out before I do system installs.
I just upgraded my Mac to its new system, just in time to not install the new one which will be coming out soon. Still had to install a legacy java to get an old adobe program to run.

BallAquatics

Quote from: BillT on August 09, 2015, 01:10:24 PM
How many of these problems have people been experiencing.

They are just starting to surface Bill.  Windows 10 has only been out a little over a week.

I found it somewhat amusing that the 64 bit version of Win X says my 2 dual core xeon processors are not suitable to run Windows 10, but if I load up the 32 bit version, it installs without any complaints.

I was hoping to see if Microsoft had fixed 10 to run better on business class equipment as Windows 7 is simply pathetic on these IBM workstations.  Oh well, maybe Windows XV   LOL

Dennis

LizStreithorst

I have decided to wait a month or two.  I want them to make it work before I download. 
Always move forward. Never look back.

ilroost

I'm with you Liz. Think i will give it a little more time yet. My laptop is 8.1 and never really liked it. But my desk top is still running vista

wsantia1

So far Windows X has been running just fine on my laptop which was previously running Windows 7. ;D
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on August 09, 2015, 06:59:42 PM
So far Windows X has been running just fine on my laptop which was previously running Windows 7. ;D

Mine's purring along too.... 8)...gotta try that multi-desktop thingy tho....
Jon

LizStreithorst

Mugwump

Jon

LizStreithorst

Muggers darling, there is no sense in talking logically about this to someone who is too stupid even to be able to make her new printer work.  I will make the leap when I have no choice unless you want to drive down to Mississippi and show me how.