• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

June 26, 2024, 06:21:13 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,407
  • Total Topics: 18,562
  • Online today: 285
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 406
Total: 406

Well, it's Sunday.....and

Started by Mugwump, February 02, 2014, 03:52:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mugwump

...mostly have no idea why we're up..???...oops, yeah I do....and the coffee's good, but not working well.....we were awoken by a chunk of dry wall falling in the sewing room ceiling..isn't that sweet?...we've had a few drips but figured we'd be able to check it out in the spring....but....it's a couple feet square a couple feet from the outside wall, over the window....we cleaned it up and will call our insurance co. later this morning....got a step ladder and flashlight, climbed up a took a look...insulation in that area is wet too....???....don't see a roof leak....but bathroom fan vents to the attic right near there...we had insulation added the year before last....all seemed well....I checked that bathroom fan and the little vent doors aren't opening all the way....wonder if he blew insulation over it and the moisture is 'wicking' in that spot, and spreading???...we'll see, I guess....I need a nap..
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 02, 2014, 03:52:15 AM
...mostly have no idea why we're up..???...oops, yeah I do....and the coffee's good, but not working well.....we were awoken by a chunk of dry wall falling in the sewing room ceiling..isn't that sweet?...we've had a few drips but figured we'd be able to check it out in the spring....but....it's a couple feet square a couple feet from the outside wall, over the window....we cleaned it up and will call our insurance co. later this morning....got a step ladder and flashlight, climbed up a took a look...insulation in that area is wet too....???....don't see a roof leak....but bathroom fan vents to the attic right near there...we had insulation added the year before last....all seemed well....I checked that bathroom fan and the little vent doors aren't opening all the way....wonder if he blew insulation over it and the moisture is 'wicking' in that spot, and spreading???...we'll see, I guess....I need a nap..

Sorry to hear about your troubles this morning.  Hope it's not too bad.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 02, 2014, 04:31:40 AM
Quote from: Mugwump on February 02, 2014, 03:52:15 AM

Sorry to hear about your troubles this morning.  Hope it's not too bad.

...thanks Willie, it's just a bump in the road....looked worse with sleepy eyes.....Calling Insurance rep shortly....
Jon

?Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ?Wow! What a Ride!? ~ Hunter S. Thompson

Barb

What a surprise huh?  Let us know how it goes, hope it is an easy repair.
Barb

wsantia1

Well it's nice and sunny today but still very cold.  Now to clean up that mess the snow plows left behind so I can go to the store.  With projections of more snow on the way I wonder where we are going to put it. ;D
Willie

Mugwump

Quote from: wsantia1 on February 02, 2014, 08:45:09 AM
Well it's nice and sunny today but still very cold.  Now to clean up that mess the snow plows left behind so I can go to the store.  With projections of more snow on the way I wonder where we are going to put it. ;D

...yeah, saw that we've two more nice storms heading through....peachie ;D...
Jon

PaulineMi

Hope your ceiling repair ends up being an easy one Jon. 

We got quite a bit more snow yesterday. That's on top of what's been accumulating over the past few weeks......and more to come.  At least they're saying this is good for replenishing our Great Lakes.
When you find people who not only tolerate your quirks but celebrate them with glad cries of "Me too!" be sure to cherish them. Because those weirdos are your tribe.  (Sweatpants & Coffee)

Your moron cup is full. Empty it.  (Author unknown)

Mugwump

Thanks, me too..but I have that nagging feeling that we may have a roofing issue...??..
Jon

wsantia1

Quote from: Mugwump on February 02, 2014, 09:24:39 AM
Thanks, me too..but I have that nagging feeling that we may have a roofing issue...??..

I really hope not Jon. 
Willie

LizStreithorst

Always move forward. Never look back.

BallAquatics

..but I have that nagging feeling that we may have a roofing issue...??..

With the weather we've been having I'd say it's probably an ice dam issue.....

Dennis

Mugwump

Quote from: BallAquatics on February 02, 2014, 10:27:38 AM
..but I have that nagging feeling that we may have a roofing issue...??..

With the weather we've been having I'd say it's probably an ice dam issue.....

Dennis

Yes, that's my suspicion too....just didn't want to say it out loud..... ;D
Jon

BallAquatics

We got lucky around here, the temps have been hovering around freezing and most of the snow and ice has melted off the roof. 
A good portion of which is now in storage in the fish room   ;D ;D ;D

Dennis

JR

Hate to hear that Jon. Hope it is a easy fix
Any Day Above Ground Is A Good Day

b125killer

That sucks Jon. I hope it's nothing too serious.
Scott