• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

September 20, 2024, 07:48:17 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,479
  • Total Topics: 18,588
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 268
Total: 268

Terrific Tuesday it is!

Started by Ron Sower, September 03, 2024, 09:27:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Hi gang!

I caught up with the past posts.

I hope all of you had a good, fun, & safe holiday weekend.  Ours was good. I and 2 aquarium buddies drove down to Tucson and visited 2 LFS and 1 importer-breeder. Fun trip and lots of fish talk. One of my buddies is 28, the other in his 50s and I'm 77 - quite a spread, wouldn't you say? I bought my first retail priced fish in a long time: the L260 Queen Arabesque pleco. It's gorgeous!

We had a "Just Because" dinner Friday night that some of our volunteers prepared and served. Fun time! Last night we had our Labor Day dinner and dance.  The instrumentalists were decent, but the singer was pitchy. I can't stand that from "professionals". After a bit I asked our friends we were sitting with if they wanted to go to our house and and play Spite & Malice which is a card game we learned last weekend up in Tacoma from our daughter. They did, so we did, and had a good time after all😉

Once again my booth produced enough sales in August to cover the rent, even though I moved to a larger one with higher rent. Got lucky I suppose!

We're heading out of here the 15th on a driving trip to see Zion NP and Bryce Canyon NP. First night in Las Vegas and then on to the parks. Our original plan w@s to visit on our moving way down here, but they don't allow dogs in the parks, and we had Murphy then.

We weren't going to travel in October until one our former Brazilian exchange students that we saw a couple years ago asked us to meet up with her and her family in Las Vegas. We can't refuse that. She's a sweet young lady and is a medical doctor now doing her internship. And we love the family.

Well, I guess this is a long enough book to read. You folks have a good day/night (whenever you read this) and stay healthy as you can!

Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

wsantia1

Hi Ron and everyone. Hopefully you are all as well as Ron is. That L260 is one beauty of a fish.  Everything is good here, although I haven't been home much lately. I've been to NYC and DC a couple of times each over the past 10 days and I will be headed back to NYC on Friday for my ex-SIL's memorial service. I really don't want to go but my granddaughter wants me to be there for her father so I will be there.

When I have been here, I have spent most of my time in the fishroom tending to the 5 tanks that I have with fish as well as the 2 shrimp and the turtle tank. This is so much easier than tending to the 40+ tanks that I had several years ago. I don't miss those days as they are the prime reason I have a broken down back these days.

I am so happy that the summer is almost over and that the temps have dropped down into my comfort zone (70 to 85 degrees) where I can be out enjoying the beautiful weather. Like Barb, I promise not to complain about cold temps this year. Maybe next year. ;)

Wishing you all a great day and I'll check in on you all later.   
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.