• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

September 20, 2024, 10:20:04 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,479
  • Total Topics: 18,588
  • Online today: 897
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 312
Total: 312

Time to pull the plug on Mugwump's?

Started by BallAquatics, September 02, 2024, 11:58:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BallAquatics

Howdy folks.  It's almost time to renew the domain name for the forum and I'm wondering if we have run our course here?

It seems as though most of us that are left here have radically changed our fish keeping habits and posts are few and far between these days.  Many posts go unanswered too.

I'd be interested in hearing your thoughts...

Barb

Hi Dennis, yes our fishkeeping has changed with our older years. I am almost 74 now, have had fish since I was 20.  I am down to one big tank with 5 discus,and a 20 gal with Endlers, and a bowl with a pretty Betta.  I find now that my favorite fish are in my pond.  But I still love and give great care to my indoor fish.  If you end this forum, I think we can still keep in touch with each other on Facebook, having our own little group.  I have several Facebook messenger groups I have started. When one messages, we all see it and can reply. No cost at all.  It is done in Messenger.All we have to do is Facebook friend each other.  If you make me your friends there, I can even begin it. And I also keep in touch with 2 groups who have Text message groups.  This way we can still talk when we want, read it all, reply or not.  What do you think?
Barb

Ron Sower

Hi all...
I'm guilty of change as well. As I age I'm getting more involved rather than less involved! I know why. I watched my Dad retired, then stagnate and die of colon cancer. I realized this week what is happening. I don't want to go out that way!!!😉

I've thought several times about the Facebook approach you're suggesting, Barb. If we went that route, I'd suggest we set up our own private group of Muggers and post stuff there and use the messenger feature too. Like you say, Barb, no cost and we just make each of us an admin.

Also, I know how to post pics there!!!🤣🤣🤣

I don't want to lose contact with you folks.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

BallAquatics

Sounds like a good plan Barb.  The domain name runs out on Oct 12, 2024.  After that you won't be able to get on here.....

What info do we need to sign up for your group Barb?  I seldom get on FB, but I still want to stay in contact.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Barb

Hi Dennis!  Let's do it then.  I can set it up for us.  You will need to send me your full name and phone number. I am assuming we all use text messaging on our phones?  I can set up a group for us via texts. When one of us makes a text, we all see it and can respond if we want to.  But I also want us to have a Facebook messenger group too.  So, send me a friend request.  Are you all on Facebook, even if you don't use it?  We can do the texting group without FB involvement of course.  Either way, it is very easy to send pictures from your phone!! So we can do that easily. Send me any of your info via PM here.  Any of you who have been part of Mugwumps and have posted with us, feel free to join in.  Questions?
Barb 

LizStreithorst

I guess I'm gone.  I no longer post here and want nothing to do with anything facebook.  If anyone wants to find be I'll be on Simply.  I'm sorry.  I care about everyone here, but I feel better on Simply.
Always move forward. Never look back.

wsantia1

Wow, I've been so busy running around that I missed this thread completely. First I was wrapped up in the funeral/memorial for the ex-SIL and after that I had 2 more friends pass away including one who's funeral I have to go to this Friday.

I am willing to do what ever it takes to keep up in touch. Barb I'll send you my info. I don't get on Facebook often but I'll do what you guys want to do.

Hopefully you guys and gals are doing well today.
Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Barb

I will set us up with a mass text group soon.  That way you don't have to use FB.  Liz you do texting right?  Send your full name, phone number and email address here to me by pm.  Dennis you said this forum is up to Oct 11th?  We can easily keep in touch by text, when one of us makes a text we will all see it and can respond. After I get pms from you all here, I will set it up and let you  know.
Barb