• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

September 20, 2024, 07:46:43 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,479
  • Total Topics: 18,588
  • Online today: 339
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 253
Total: 253

Taco Tuesday

Started by Ron Sower, August 20, 2024, 11:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ron Sower

Good morning all y'all!

Liz, today's the day you're getting you knee checked out. Let us know what the results are please.   I miss having elephant ears, callas, and hostas. They wouldn't have a smidgeon of a chance making it here. 

We're getting some rains at night, usually after I go to sleep. But not much. Up in the mountainous northern part of the AZ they're getting more. Still over 100 here daily. I bet this will turn out to be the hottest summer on record or close to it.

We'll be going to Tacoma Thursday thru Tuesday to visit the families. We've decided on no more winter trips there because it's just so uncomfortable for the 2 of us.  BUT, It's looking like cool and possibly rainy with temps in the 60s-low 70s and 24-50% chances of rain. So we'll be taking warm clothing🤣 Just can't seem to catch a really few days there.😆

We got a message from one of the Brazilian exchange students that lived with our daughter a year that she and her family are coming to USA in October. We weren't planning on traveling any that month, but will not miss the opportunity to visit with her and her family. Part of Their journey prior to going to Tacoma to visit our family, they will be in Vegas. We're going to drive up and spend a couple days with them there.

Meanwhile, back here these days, things are running along fairly well. Both of Miss Lucy's eyes now have new lenses and they are doing better. We're going for a checkup on them this afternoon. They're gonna prescribe glasses in about 3 more weeks. I'm still puttering in the fishroom a lot and still meeting interesting new and return buyers as they come in to get fish, plants and shrimp. Still going to dinners and dances at the clubhouse and playing cards with friends. Finally collected the last $$ from a LFS that owed me a bunch. We ended our business relationship amicably.

I guess that brings me up-to-date with you guys. I'll try to stay a bit more regular here going forward. Take care all!
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron

LizStreithorst

Hey Ron.  Seems things are going well for you.  I sat on my ass at the Dr's office for almost 2 hrs before I was told that my doctor was not there.  They'd tried to call me but my cell service is so bad that unless I'm outside, the phone doesn't ring.  Still, they should have caught it when I first checked in.  The office manager felt awful about me having to sit there forever but I've become pretty easygoing in my old age.  It was nice just to be able to get out of there.  My ass was getting numb from sitting for so long.

She scheduled me for the 28th at 9:15.  My knee seems to have healed itself but I'll still have him look at it when he checks out the hip surgery he did on me.
Always move forward. Never look back.

Ron Sower

Liz, that is totally ridiculous that you waited that long for nothing. I'm sorry you had to put up with that crap. There is really no excuse for it.

Yes, I can't complain about how things are going. I'm fortunate. But I think I have some issues ahead. I have a lot of tingling, numbness and sometimes pain in my left hand that docs think is emanating from cervical vertebrae damage irritating nerves in my neck. We'll see how this goes!🥴😉
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron