• Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World.

News:

I increased the "User online time threshold" today (11/29/2023) so maybe you won't lose so many posts.   Everything is up-to-date and running smoothly. Shoot me a message if you have any comments - Dennis

Main Menu
Welcome to Mugwump's Fish World. Please login.

September 07, 2024, 10:20:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 127,476
  • Total Topics: 18,588
  • Online today: 103
  • Online ever: 930
  • (May 15, 2024, 03:08:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 70
Total: 70

Still Hot Sunday

Started by wsantia1, June 23, 2024, 06:56:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wsantia1

Good morning everyone. Hopefully you are all ok and handling the heat well. Yesterday we reached a feels like temp of 105 which is very high for this area of the country. I've been taking Kobe out for a few minutes at a time and when we go to the park, we've been getting there at 6:00 am. We have already done our park walk for the day.

Aside from hanging out in the house I haven't done much. Yesterday I did go to a local fish store in Dover (which I won't name but is easily found online) to buy some food. They sell fish including Discus and Angelfish and I was surprised by the poor quality of fish and the outrageous prices.

When I was breeding Angels I tried to sell them good quality young fish and they wanted me to put me on a consignment agreement which I refused to do. At the prices they are selling fish at, I would be surprised if they are selling many of them. The one exception I will make is that their Bettas looked really good.

I took down a couple of more tanks yesterday and pretty soon I will only have Discus, Guppies, Endlers and Snots. I do have a couple of small shrimp tanks but their numbers are dwindling rapidly.

Wishing you all a great day and please try to stay cool.

Willie

Too Many Fish. Not Enough Tanks.

Ron Sower

Willie, your comment about the quality of fish available in LFS strikes a chord with me. And I see ppl posting similar things on out Facebook groups here.
Happy Aquariuming,
Ron